Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Tales from the Critique Trenches

In the spirit of 'show versus tell', I thought I'd demonstrate what it feels like to receive a critique.



Yep, it's about that pleasant. I have the good fortune to be working with two very different crit partners. Between them, they've given me some outstanding feedback that (once I incorporate it), is really going to make my manuscript shine. I can't thank them enough. But it still hurts like a... well, you know.

There's no way around the pain of critiques and editing. You just gotta do it. And if you survive, if you don't give up, then the book will be better because of the sacrifice. *sigh* Whimper fi! Hehehehe...

1 comment:

  1. Great post but I'm probably biased because I am in editing right now. The place I really want to submit to (they are asking for EXACTLY what my new story is) wants it by September 30th and this piece is slightly over 100,000 words!@.@ I really need tasered. I mean, critiqued. Good luck to you and I hope your partners really did give some good advice so you don't have to get tasered again.

    By the way, are you still changing your story to a YA? Just wondering.

    ReplyDelete