Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Three Blogs Worth Following

I follow way too many blogs (all of them writing related) and there are three that stand out, again and again.

Don't Pet Me, I'm Writing by Tawna Fenske
Tawna is hilarious. Her quirky wit comes through on every post, making me want to comment. I can scroll through a hundred blog posts on Google Reader and when I come to one that makes me laugh, more often than not, it's hers.

Adventures in Children's Publishing
Even if you're not writing for kids, this blog has a weekly feature called "Best Articles This Week for Writers" where they go through all the trouble of linking up great blog posts, tweets and other writing-related items of interest. Save yourself time and follow this blog to get the weekly download!

Literary Rambles by Casey L. McCormick
Casey has put together an impressive collection of agent bios, and has them tagged by the genres they represent. The work she does in putting together her agent spotlights saves hours of doing research yourself on potential agents. The YA list she has is the most comprehensive I've seen, and she keeps them up to date. Invaluable resource for the aspiring author!

Congratulations to these blog owners and well done! You continue to light up the writing blogsphere with your contributions.

Do you have a favorite blog (or three) that you can recommend? Be sure to tell us why you like it!

7 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the mention! I love Adventures in Children's Publishing, too (even though I write adult romantic comedy) but Literary Rambles is a new one to me. I'll have to check it out, thanks for the suggestion!

    Tawna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree wholeheartedly with your assessment of Tawna's blog. I follow that one, too.

    My Google Reader is ridiculously full, but the ones that I really get excited about are The Season Blog (http://www.theseasonforromance.com), Rachelle Gardner's blog (http://cba-ramblings.blogspot.com), my fellow GRW awesomeness (http://petitfoursandhottamales.com)...oh, God. I just thought of five more. I'll stop there, but if anyone wants a great list of romance-related sites (recommendations, writing it, contests, etc.), send me an email! x♥x
    noellepierceromance@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cyndi!! Great picks. Thank you so much for including my blog! I'm so glad to hear you've found it helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the recommendations! I'm already following Casey's blog. I'll check out the other two.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cyndi, Thanks so much for including us! Marissa and I love Casey and Tawna's blogs so we're especially honored by your recommendation.

    Martina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cyndi,

    *new follower here* I follow these 3 blogs as well and you're right, they're all awesome. Sometimes I'm a silent follower, you know the type-- you don't know I'm there because I just read don't comment. Other times you can't shut me up. Great blog yourself, I'll be back!

    KarenG

    ReplyDelete
  7. Noelle- Thanks for the romance blog recommendations!

    Karen- Welcome to the blog. So happy to have your here. And please do comment as much as you like. ;)

    Cyndi

    ReplyDelete