Saturday, March 5, 2011

One Step Closer to "Real" Authordom

I took the plunge today and set up an author page on Facebook. I harangued my friends and Twitter followers to "like" the page so I could get a custom URL for sharing. And they came through for me, pushing me over that 25 like minimum. So the page is www.facebook.com/AuthorCyndiTefft

I wanted to make it just my name, but couldn't since I had used that for my personal username. I changed the personal username (which you can do once), thinking that would free up "cynditefft" for use on the Author page, but it didn't. It just put it into archives or something. Sigh...

I also spent the better part of the day trying to link Facebook to Twitter or vice versa. Even though I found exactly how to do it, neither site worked. Nor could I link Twitter to the blog. Fail!

I will give it another go (feel free to share debugging tips, if you have experienced this). Still, yay for the author page! One huge step for authorkind, ya know! :)

3 comments:

  1. Update: Twitter feed on the blog is now working. Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep hoping I will never have to go on Facebook!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you can change your author page once more, you might consider "CyndiTefftAuthor" instead of the way you have it, so that it will come up when people do a search on your name.

    Joan Price

    Author of Better Than I Ever Expected: Straight Talk about Sex After Sixty and the upcoming Naked at Our Age: Talking Out Loud about Senior Sex.

    Join us -- we're talking about ageless sexuality at http://www.NakedAtOurAge.com

    ReplyDelete